Editor’s note: Here’s a special message from Casey from GOBankingRates.com
As part of our ongoing 52-week savings series, GOBankingRates is inviting all personal finance bloggers, experts and YouTube stars to create a one-minute video sharing their best money-saving tip.
Not only will select videos be featured in our year-long series, but the participant whose video gets the most views on GOBankingRates will win big – including having their video featured during FinCon14 and winning a pre-funded savings account worth $1,000.
How to Participate
1. Think of your best savings tip ever.
2. Shoot a one-minute video explaining your tip.
Your video can be informative, funny or outrageous – the creative direction is up to you, but the end goal is to share great advice about how viewers can cut costs to grow their savings accounts. And you don’t need any fancy equipment to participate; an iPhone or digital camera will get the job done!
3. Send your video via Google Drive to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Spread the word using #GBR1MinMoneyTip and start generating views once your video is up.
5. Wait for the big announcement at FinCon14 in New Orleans and find out if you won.
We’ll publish all entries submitted as part of the Summer Savings Video Challenge on www.gobankingrates.com, where you can send friends and family to watch and share your video. Our favorites will be included in future 52-week savings articles and the highest-viewed video will win the following:
- A feature on the GOBankingRates homepage
- Acknowledgement in a national press release
- Video reveal at FinCon14
- A savings account worth $1,000
The deadline to submit is July 18, 2014. (Videos will be accepted past this deadline, but it’s on you to catch up in views).
Most importantly, be creative and have fun. We look forward to receiving your best #GBR1MinMoneyTip!
Founded in 2007, GOBankingRates is a leading personal finance site that connects consumers with the best banks, credit unions and interest rates nationwide, aggregating over 11 million rates from more than 6,000 institutions. Its editors are regularly featured on top media outlets, including U.S. News, Forbes, Huffington Post, Yahoo! Finance and Business Insider.